Measure LED Street Light’s Color Temperature with Portable
Today, white LEDs i.e. Light emitting diodes have emerged as a most popular option used for providing an elegant look to modern street lights. These LED lights have better energy efficiency and longer lifespan as compared other types of lights used for street lighting. Apart from these benefits, many reputed Medical Associations of India have also expressed their concerns regarding the use of white LED streetlights having high CT i.e. color temperature value.
Color Temperatures is the parameter which is expressed in the unit Kelvin (K). It is used to express the color characteristics of the light in numerical values. The higher the color temperature value of the light, it will indicate that the light is emitting a huge amount of blue content which directly harm the human retina with its extensive usage for a long period of time. The medical associations also recommended that the Color Temperature of these LED street lights should not be higher than 3000 K (Kelvin).
Measuring the color temperature of a LED light alone is not sufficient as it does not help to predict the color factor according to human perception. Two white LEDs that have similar Color temperature or CT value will look different from each other, and the light with higher CT will emit more blue content with respect to the other.
To measure the color temperature parameters and other color related factors and values, it is important to make use of high-quality of color measurement devices and portable spectrophotometers that help to offers a comprehensive evaluation of the color quality of LED streetlights and helps to maintain their color temperature within a safe range.
Using high-quality portable color testers NS 800 that are offered by 3NH , users can easily measure the visible wavelength which is emitted by LED lights precisely and easily. To understand more on LED Light color measurement, contact our experts.
Technical Specifications of NS 800 Portable Color Tester/ spectrophotometer:
- Provides 45 ring-shaped illuminations with vertical viewing angle
- Size of integrated sphere Φ58 mm.
- Offers combined LED light source.
- Comprises of silicon photodiode array type sensor.
- Wavelength range is 400 – 700 nanometers.
- wavelength pitch – 10 nm
- Reflectance range of the device is 0-200%.
- Size of Aperture is 8nm
- Provided with following Color Spaces options -XYZ, Yxz, CIE LAB, CIE LUV, LCh, LAB&WI&YI.
- Color Difference calculation using formulas: ΔE*uv, ΔE*ab, ΔE*cmc(2:1), ΔE*94, ΔE*cmc(1:1), ΔE*00
- User can observe the samples from two different orientations i.e. 2 Degree and 10 Degree.
- Result Display formats: Spectral Value in graphical format, Color Difference Value in Graphical representation, Color Offset, Color measurement value, Color Simulation, time setting, reverse prompt, tolerance prompts, language setting, restore factory setting, PASS/FAIL Result, and other functions as well.